The Magpul Original Equipment (MOE) Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec Model (Magpul Original Equipment) is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M16 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. Designed for light, fast action the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation.
The Mil-Spec Model includes a standard 0.30" thick rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Mfr Part: MAG400-BLK
Weight: 8.0 oz.
Weight, w/receiver extension: 12.0 oz.
Length, max: 6.9 in.
LOP Adjustment Range: 3.3 in.
LOP, M4 Collapsed: ~10.5 in.
LOP, M4 Extended: ~13.8 in.
Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
*NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): Mil-Spec and Commercial-Spec.
Mil-Spec Stock Size:
Tube Diameter: 1.145" to 1.150"
Weight: 0.50 LB
Length of Pull: 10.70" to 13.95"
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, LMT, Ruger, S&W, SIG, and others (please see the *NOTE above)
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON-AR15/M4 applications
- Removable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
Rear/Bottom: 1.25" sling loops
Toe: Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs