Firearms & Magazine Restrictions
Magazine Shipment Restrictions
It is the responsibility of the customer for understanding State laws regarding magazine capacity. Please know and research your State's magazine capacity restrictions prior to purchasing. All shipping addresses within the below listed States with purchases of magazines exceeding the legal capacity will not be shipped.
- California: No magazines greater than 10 rounds or large-capacity magazine conversion kits.
Senate Bill No. 1446 Firearms: Magazine Capacity
Cal. Penal Code § 16740 “large-capacity magazine”
Cal. Penal Code § 16350 “capacity to accept more than 10 rounds” does not apply to a feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
- Colorado: No magazines greater than 15 rounds.
C.R.S. 18-12-301 Definitions Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines (LCM)
C.R.S. 18-12-302(1) Large-capacity magazines prohibited - penalties
C.R.S. 18-12-302(3)(b) Exceptions: An employee of any of the following agencies who bears a firearm in the course of his or her official duties: (I) A branch of the armed forces of the United States; or (II) A department, agency, or political subdivision of the state of Colorado, or of any other state, or of the United States government.
- Connecticut: No magazines greater than 10 rounds. Magazines can only be purchased and shipped if the buyer provides a copy of a driver's license and one of the following: state handgun carry permit, long gun certificate, or ammunition certificate.
Sec. 53-202w. Large capacity magazines. Definitions. Sale, transfer or possession prohibited. Exceptions
- District of Columbia: No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
§ 7–2506.01(b). Persons permitted to possess ammunition feeding device
- Hawaii: No handgun magazines greater than 10 rounds. No restrictions for rifle magazines.
§134-8 Ownership, etc., of automatic firearms, silencers, etc., prohibited; penalties
- Illinois: The State of Illinois has no law restricting large-capacity magazines with the exception of the following cities and counties.
- Aurora: Sec. 29-49(f). - Transfer or possession of assault ammunition or assault weapons
- Cook County (Zip Codes effected) includes Chicago: No magazines greater than 10 rounds Blair Holt Assault Weapons Ban
- Franklin Park: No magazines greater than 16 rounds 3-13G-3: Assault Weapons and Assault Ammunition Prohibited
- Oak Park: No magazines greater than 10 rounds 27-1-1 Assault Ammunition Feeding Device
- Highland Park: No magazines greater than 10 rounds §136.001(G), id., at 70a Large Capacity Magazines
- Riverdale: No magazines greater than 35 rounds Chapter 9-05 Assault Weapons
- Maryland: No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
§4–306 Penalties Detachable Magazines Prohibited (2019)
§4–302 Detachable Magazines for official business of U.S. government and law enforcement (2019)
LD-FRS-13-005 Maryland State Police Federal Firearms Dealers High Capacity Magazine Exemption (2013) (LE Exceptions)
- Massachusetts: No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
G.L. c. 140, § 121: Firearms sales; definitions; antique firearms; application of law; exceptions
G.L. c. 140, § 131M: Unlawful Possession of an Assault Weapon or Large Capacity Feeding Device (LE Exceptions)
- New Jersey: No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
NJ A2761 Amendment to N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2C:39-1(y) Large capacity ammunition magazine (Enacted 6/13/2018)
- New York: No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
§ 265.00(23) "Large capacity ammunition feeding device"
- Vermont: No rifle magazines greater than 10 rounds. No pistol magazines greater than 15 rounds.
Title 13: Crimes And Criminal Procedure, Chapter 085: Weapons
Law Enforcement Magazine Exceptions
Law Enforcement must provide both a copy of their credentials and a signed letterhead stating the magazine(s) are to be used exclusively for LEO purposes and email to email@example.com or FAX: (910) 777-5463.
Buying a Firearm / Lower Receiver from Redcon1 Tactical, LLC
We cannot ship to a PO Box. We will only ship to Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have your Dealer (receiving FFL) email or fax a signed copy of their signed FFL to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: (910) 777-5463. The FFL copy must be received and then verified, prior to shipment of any firearm. We do not do Straw Purchases. The person purchasing the firearm (name on the invoice) must be the same person completing the ATF Form 4473 at the time of pick up from the local dealer.
- Customer purchases any Firearm/Lower Receiver from the website.
- Customer finds a local licensed FFL dealer (Gun Store, Pawn Shop, local FFL) that can receive and process the transfer of the firearm. You can search for local FFL dealers at http://fflgundealers.net/.
- Customer then notifies the dealer that you have purchased a firearm and wish to use them for the transfer. Have the dealer send us a copy of their signed FFL license to email@example.com or fax to (910) 777-5463. For faster processing, have the dealer attach your name or order number with a copy of the FFL.
- Most dealers charge approximately $25-35 to conduct a firearms transfer, so please shop around and verify charge prior to selecting a dealer. CA dealers may also charge a Firearms sales tax upon transfer.
- Once the dealer's FFL is received and verified, your firearm will be shipped to the dealer. You will receive a shipment confirmation and tracking number upon shipment.
- The receiving dealer handles the FFL transfer whereupon the customer completes the ATF Form 4473 and conducts the FBI background check.
Please know your State's Laws before ordering. You can search the NRA website to research Gun Laws by State at https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws.aspx.
California Buyers: Before placing an order for any handgun, please ensure the handgun is legal in CA and listed on the CA DOJ website https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns for sale into CA. Redcon1 Tactical is registered on with the CA DOJ.
Pricing for Firearms Transfers
Pricing below may include multiple firearms transferred using (1) ATF Form 4473 and FBI background check at the time of pick up.
- Regular: $25.00 for pistols, long guns, and lower receivers
- Military/LE Discount: $15.00 (Verification upon transfer)
If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at (910) 777-5376.